06 Jun Combine Form and Function with Ease
Ask yourself, when searching for window treatments for your residential or commercial space, what are the main things you look for? Do you focus more on the look or the purpose they will serve?
Window treatments offer a variety of functions: privacy control, glare and light filtering, room darkening and even energy savings. Some feel you have to sacrifice look for function and vice versa. Well, you’ll be pleased to know there are a variety of window treatments that can provide you with both the look you desire and the functions you prefer.
Here are a few popular options that allow you to effortlessly combine both form and function.
Roller shades are a popular window treatment solution due to their versatility, simplicity and modern style. With the different fabric options and operation methods available, roller shades are a truly customizable option for any space. You may want to consider one or more of the following for your home or office based on the functions you desire:
Blackout Roller Shades
- Function: Room Darkening, Light noise reduction, Privacy, Energy Efficiency
- Best Place to Install: Bedrooms, Entertainment rooms, Conference rooms, Classrooms, Breakrooms, Exam rooms, and more…
- Function: Light/Glare Control, UV protection, Privacy, Energy Efficiency
- Best Place to Install: Common Areas, Bathrooms, Waiting Rooms, Offices, Dining Areas (restaurants, Home, etc) , Sun rooms, and more…
Banded/ Zebra Shades
- Function: Light Filtering, UV protection, Privacy, Energy Efficiency
- Best Place to Install: Common areas, bedrooms, offices, and more…
With drapery you can achieve looks that range from traditional, modern, and elegant depending on the style and pleat you choose. No matter what style you decide on, you can add one of the following options based on the function you prefer.
- Function: Room Darkening, Noise Reduction, Enhanced Insulation, Energy Efficiency.
- Best Place to Install: Bedrooms, Conference Rooms, Entertainment Rooms, and more…
- Function: Light Filtering, Daytime Privacy, UV protection
- Best Place to Install: Common Areas, Waiting Rooms, Lobbies, and more…
Honeycomb/ Cellular Shades
Cellular Shades, also referred to as honeycomb shades/blinds due their unique cell pockets that mimic the look of combs, are an amazing option if you are looking to receive multiple benefits from one solution – Especially if you want to achieve energy efficiency because honeycomb blinds can reduce energy loss by up to 50%.
- Function: Light Filtering, Privacy Anytime, UV protection, Insulation, Energy Efficiency, Noise Reduction
- Best Place to Install: Common areas, bedrooms, bathrooms, and more…
Interior plantaion shutters are a very popular solution, especially in South Florida. No only are they a stunning window covering solution, they are also known to increase property value.
Hardwood Plantation Shutters
- Function: Safety Around Windows, Light Filtering, Room Darkening, Privacy, UV Protection
- Best Place to Install: Common Areas, Bedrooms, and more…
Composite/Hybrid Plantation Shutters
- Function: Safety Around Windows, Light Filtering, Room Darkening, Privacy, UV protection, Warp/Moisture Resistant.
- Best Place to Install: Bedrooms, Nurseries, Common Areas, Moisture Prone Areas (Bathrooms and Kitchens), and more