26 Oct Child Safe Window Treatments
October is National Window Covering Safety Month. This Annual Observance was created to bring attention to the importance of having safe and secure window treatments that reduce the risk of injuries to children, including strangulation (one of the biggest window covering threats caused by cords and chains.)
Here are a few tips to help reduce the threat of possible safety hazards:
- If you have the resources, upgrade to cordless or motorized window treatments.
- If you have corded window treatments, do not allow the cords to hang loose within a child’s reach. You can achieve this by shortening the cords, or placing a hook high up near the window where the cord can be wrapped around when not in use.
- Shorten, or hook the chains from vertical blinds so children cannot access them.
- Keep beds and/cribs away from windows and window coverings.
- If your children play near windows, educate them on the risks and establish safety rules.
For more information or to schedule your free on-site consultation to upgrade your space with custom fashionable and child safe window treatments, contact us today!
For more information or to schedule your free on-site consultation to upgrade your space with custom fashionable and child safe window treatments, contact us today to speak to one of our expert team members.